These Terms of Service (together with the rest of our Agreement) govern our relationship with you.
- the duration of our Agreement;
- fees to be paid to Rhino Hosting / SDDS Web;
- when Rhino Hosting / SDDS Web is authorised to monitor communications and content;
- the appropriate and reasonable measures Rhino Hosting / SDDS Web takes to protect the security of your data and our systems;
- when Rhino Hosting / SDDS Web is authorised to suspend or terminate your services; and
- the process followed when resolving disputes.
Summary of our Agreement
Terms of Service
Rhino Hosting / SDDS Web is a leading South African web hosting service provider that provides a range of web hosting Services to its Customers. The Services are given subject to our Agreement.
We have given the meanings of some words to be consistent. These words usually begin with a capital letter. Singular words include the plural (and vice versa):
The Arbitration Foundation of Southern Africa (or any replacement).
The person or organisation who determines the purpose and means of processing data.
Is any person identified on the application form for Services or in any addendum;
Any username, password or email address we give the Customer as part of the Services. This excludes Customer Domains we manage as part of the Services;
Data Protection Laws
All data protection and privacy laws and regulations applicable to the
processing of Personal Data under our Agreement, including:
Terms of Service
These general terms of service governing us providing Services to you
Any information about an identified or identifiable natural person (‘Data Subject’) which is processed in terms of any applicable Data Protection Law.
Process or processing
Any operation which is performed on Personal Data including collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
A processor is a person or organisation who processes personal data on behalf of a Controller.
The terms and conditions which supplement the Terms of Service and govern the use of individual Services.
Any Processor we use to assist us in fulfilling our
obligations in providing the Services.
you or your
The Customer, including a legal entity (such as a company), who enters into an Agreement with Rhino Hosting / SDDS Web.
3. Our Agreement
- Our Agreement governs the contractual relationship between us.
- Unless expressly provided to the contrary in our Agreement, if there is a conflict in meaning, the following precedence ranking will apply (from highest to lowest):
- the Specific Terms;
- these Terms of Service;
- the Acceptable Use Policy;
- other policies that may be introduced by us from time to time which we notify you of;
- any documents incorporated by reference in our Agreement.
4. Amendment to our Agreement
- Rhino Hosting / SDDS Web reserves the right to make changes to the Agreement at any time without notice. An updated version of the Agreement will be posted on the website.
- It is your responsibility as a diligent user to check any amendment posted on the website.
- If you object to any amendment, you may terminate your relationship with us under clause 14.
5. Customer Status
- The Customer may be an incorporated entity (such as a company or close corporation), trust, partnership, or individual.
- If a person enters into our Agreement:
- in a representative capacity on behalf of a Customer who is an incorporated entity;
- on behalf of an unincorporated entity; or
- in any other representative capacity recognised in South African law, the person warrants that:- they are legally authorised to do so and indemnifies Rhino Hosting / SDDS Web against any loss or damage that we may sustain resulting from the person’s lack of authority; and- all the information supplied to Rhino Hosting / SDDS Web at any time relating to the entity, trust, partnership, association or other person who they represent is true, accurate, and complete.
6. Commencement and Duration
- Your application is an offer by you to accept Services from Rhino Hosting / SDDS Web. The terms relating to the acceptance of the offer are as follows:- Although the website is configured to confirm receipt of any offer (“Confirmation”), technical or other problems may delay or prevent the Confirmation.
- We will only have accepted your offer once you have received confirmation.
- Although the website is configured to confirm receipt of any offer (“Confirmation”), technical or other problems may delay or prevent the Confirmation.
- You must contact us if you do not receive Confirmation from us within a reasonable time period.
- Confirmation will not mean that a transaction has been concluded. It merely confirms that we have received the application.
- You can accept that we have sent confirmation to you as soon as this is reflected in our log files.
7. Service fees
- You must pay all service fees, as soon as they become due.
- You must pay the service fees, according to the frequency of payment you select, as described on the website.
- Where applicable, we will give you an invoice in electronic format. You agree that by submitting an application form to us when making application for Services, that the application is seen as your confirmation to accept electronic invoices..
- If you pay your service fees by debit order, you authorise us to make the necessary transfers from your designated bank account at the beginning of the month as per your preferred frequency of payment for the duration of our Agreement. You must put the debit order in place within seven days of the Commencement Date. A rejected debit order will accrue a handling fee, per rejection.
- We reserve the right to amend or vary the service fees and any amendment or variation of the service fees will be seen as an amendment of our Agreement. If we amend the service fees, Rhino Hosting / SDDS Web will give you at least 30 days prior notice. If you object to any amended service fees, you may terminate your relationship with us under clause 14.
- You will not withhold any payment of any amount you owe us for any reason, (except for an actual breach by Rhino Hosting / SDDS Web of our Agreement). In addition, you may not demand any discount, refund (other than under clause 7.8), or reduction in respect of any service fees you owe us.
- We are not VAT Registered and do not charge VAT.
- You may terminate the Service within:
- seven days after the Commencement Date if you decide not to continue subscribing to the Service; or
- within 30 days after the Commencement Date if we fail to meet the service levels for hosting services and email services as specified in the Specific Terms, provided that you exercise your right to end the agreement by giving us notice by email to email@example.com
- We monitor our hosting facilities, but not your specific activities. Where we have to intercept communications in accordance with the Regulation of Interception and Provision of Communication-Related Act, 70 of 2003 (“the Monitoring Act”), we will do this according to the requirements of the Monitoring Act.
- With specific regard to the monitoring of content that is found on a website that belongs to you and which is hosted by Rhino Hosting / SDDS Web, we have no knowledge of, nor interest in, Customer content hosted by us on your behalf using the Services and further we do not in any way contribute to or approve the content.
- If however we determine that any content is in violation of any law (including the Films and Publications Act 65 of 1996) or of the Acceptable Use Policy, or if we receive a takedown notice from ISPA, as contemplated in section 77 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002, we may
- ask you to remove, amend, or modify the content;
- terminate access to any Services or suspend or terminate any Services without notice;
- delete the offending content without notice;
- notify the relevant authorities of the existence of any content, make any back-up, archive, or other copies of any content; or
- take any further steps as required or requested by any authorities without notice.
- We may disclose any content, material, or data (including any of your data) if:
- required by law;
- lawfully asked to do so by any authorities, including the South African Police Services pursuant to a subpoena under section 205 of the Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977; or
- according to a judicial, administrative or governmental order. We do not have to give you notice.
- All Customer Data allocated to you is personal to you and you will be liable for any loss or damage you or third parties have suffered because of your actions or the actions of a person to whom you have disclosed your Customer Data.
- You authorise us to act on any instruction given by or purporting to originate from you even if it becomes clear that both parties have been defrauded by someone else, unless you have notified us under clause 9.4 before we acted on a fraudulent instruction.
- If any security violations are reasonably believed to have occurred in connection with your account, we will investigate and, if necessary, change the relevant Customer Data, including access codes and passwords, and notify you immediately.
- You must tell us immediately if any other person gains access to your Customer Data by following the procedures relating to reporting misuse https://Rhino Hosting / SDDS Web.co.za/legal/reporting-abuse/ and give us your full co-operation in any investigation we carry out.
- You indemnify us (hold us harmless) against any claim arising from:
- your disclosure of your Customer Data to a third person;
- the use of the Customer Data by a third person; or
- any resulting action by you or a third party.
- We warrant that Rhino Hosting / SDDS Web has the facilities, infrastructure, capacity, and capability to provide the Services.
- Despite this warranty, the Services are provided “as is” and “as available”. No warranty of any kind is given, whether express or implied, including warranties of merchantability, title, or non-infringement, except where such a warranty is specifically required by law.
11. Intellectual Property Rights
- You must comply with all laws that apply to any intellectual property.
- You must get our prior written approval before using any of our marks.
- You grant us non-exclusive licence to use your marks so that we may exercise our rights or fulfil our obligations under our Agreement.
- Other than as specifically provided for in our Agreement, we retain all Intellectual Property Rights employed in or otherwise related to our network infrastructure, business and the provision of any of the Services under our Agreement.
12. Customer Indemnities
- You indemnify (hold us harmless) from any liability arising from civil or criminal proceedings instituted against us or for any loss or damage you or a third party have suffered because of any interruption or unavailability of the Services.
- You indemnify us and hold us harmless against all losses you have suffered or actions against us as a result of:
- the use of the Services, or any downtime, outage, degradation of the network, interruption in or unavailability of the Services. This includes software or hardware service, repairs, maintenance, upgrades, modification, alterations, replacement or relocation of premises affecting the Services,
- non-performance or unavailability of any of the services given by an electronic communications network or service provider, including, line failure, or in any international services or remote mail Servers,
- non-performance or unavailability of external communications networks to which you or our network infrastructure is connected, and
- repairs, maintenance, upgrades, modifications, alterations or replacement of any hardware forming part of the Services, or any faults or defects in the hardware.
- we notify you in writing as soon as we become aware of the indemnified claim so you can take steps to contest it;
- you may assume sole control of the defence of the claim or related settlement negotiations; and
- we will give you, at your expense, with the assistance, information, and authority necessary to enable you to perform your obligations under this clause.
13. Suspension of the Services
Rhino Hosting / SDDS Web may temporarily suspend its Service to repair, maintain, upgrade, modify, replace or improve any of its Services. Where circumstances permit, Rhino Hosting / SDDS Web will provide prior notice of any service suspension to Customers. However, Rhino Hosting / SDDS Web will not be held liable for any resulting loss or damage suffered as a result of the service suspension.
- Rhino Hosting / SDDS Web may terminate any Services on five days written notice to you.
- You may terminate any Services on 30 days written notice to Rhino Hosting / SDDS Web in one of these ways:
- via the Rhino Hosting control panel,
- via email to firstname.lastname@example.org from an authorised email address. We will confirm your request for termination via return email.
- By agreeing to our Terms of Service, you expressly consent to this.
- In all instances, we may retain all Services Fees you have already paid and recover all of our costs associated, including legal costs on an attorney and own client scale (you will be liable to pay our attorneys fees) with your breach.
- claim immediate payment of all outstanding charges due to us,
- terminate or suspend your use of the Services, (which may include the deletion of your data)
- terminate our relationship with you; or
- list you with any credit bureau, Internet service provider list, or the South African Fraud Prevention Service.
15. Force Majeure
- We will not be responsible for any breach of our Agreement caused by circumstances beyond our control, including fire, earthquake, flood, civil strike, compliance with government orders, failure of any supplier of electricity as well as no electronic communication service etc.
16. Resolving disputes
- Any dispute concerning our Agreement (including interpretation and application) exists once a party notifies the other in writing, detailing the nature of the dispute and requesting that it be resolved as per this clause. The parties will first try to resolve the dispute informally by email, phone or other methods.
- If informal dispute resolution negotiation fails, we may refer the dispute to conciliation (talks in which an agreed neutral third party tries to help the parties agree on how to end the dispute), failing which we may refer the dispute to arbitration (a hearing after which a neutral third party makes a binding decision about the dispute) (including any appeal against the arbitrator’s decision) under AFSA’s latest rules for expedited arbitrations and you must participate. You cannot make us arbitrate. The arbitration will be held in Cape Town and conducted in English. The parties will agree and appoint one arbitrator. If the parties cannot agree on the arbitrator within 10 business days after the referral, the Secretariat of AFSA will appoint the arbitrator.
- Either party may only bring a claim against the other in their individual capacity and not as a member of any class.
17. Exclusion and Limitation of Liability
- Rhino Hosting / SDDS Web will not be responsible for any indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages or losses arising from our Agreement. This includes loss of profits, revenue, anticipated savings, business transactions, goodwill or other contracts. It is irrelevant if this is due to negligence (carelessness) or breach of contract.
- Our total liability to you is for direct damages up to a maximum amount of:
- three months of your base hosting fee; or
- R2,500; whichever is less.
- You must send all notices to Rhino Hosting / SDDS Web, whether for court process, notices or other documents or communications, at email@example.com or 5 Cussonia Place, Forest Hills, Kloof, 3610
- We may give all notices to you by email to the email address you provided to us on the application form when you first subscribed for the Services.
- Any notice or communication required or permitted to be given under our Agreement will be valid and effective only if in writing.
- All notices you sent to us which are:
- sent by prepaid registered post will be deemed to have been received 14 days after date of postage,
- delivered by hand and delivered during ordinary business hours at the physical address will be deemed to have been received on the day of delivery.
19. Data Processing
Roles of the parties under Data Protection Law
- Depending on the particular activity, we act as both a Processor and a Controller.
- We act as the Processor and you are the Controller of the Personal Data that we process on your behalf when we provide Services to you in terms of the Agreement. You are solely responsible for determining the purpose for which, and the manner in which Personal Data is processed. Please refer to our Data Processing Agreement for more information.
- Entire agreement: The Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties.
- No Variation: No changes to our Agreement made by you are effective unless in writing and signed by the authorised signatories of both parties.
- Waiver (giving up rights): Any favour we may allow you will not affect (or substitute) any of our rights against you.
- Severability: If any term is void (invalid), unenforceable, or illegal, the term may be severed (removed) from and will not affect the rest of our Agreement if it does not change its purpose.
- Applicable Law: South African law governs our Agreement.
- Survival: Despite termination of our Agreement, any clause, which, from the context, contemplates on-going rights and obligations of the parties, will survive the termination and continue to be of full force and effect.